Below is the breadboard circuit diagram. It’s pretty final. I hope to clean it up a bit when the project is final.
The major additions in this rev is that I’m using transistors against the Arduino digital outs to control the AC relays and a corresponding LED indicator. The on/off switches in those circuits provide a bypass to turn on the AC switches if necessary.
The Lizard Climate Control system has these requirements (updated as they change):
- turn lights and heaters on/off at specified times
- maintain specified temperatures during day and night
- report current temperature/humidity both locally (at cage) and remotely via internet
- manual bypass of Arduino control of AC switches
- built in fail-safe for over temperature situations
- protect sensors from lizard and other in-cage hazards
- visual indication of temperature situation (green=good, red=bad etc)
- document it!