Error in Outlook 2010:
"Outlook: Can't create file : XYZ.pdf. Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder."
This is an annoying message. Even after fixing the users profile permissions it made no difference. This is what worked for me:
- Open REGEDIT.EXE and go to Edit -> Find… In the Find dialog box type “OutlookSecureTempFolder” without the quotes.
- You may also find the key here without searching if you know the users key: HKEY_USERS\%USER PROFILE ID NUMBER%\Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Security
- When you find it the key will contain the actual folder location, and will look like:
- C:\Documents and Settings\%USER_NAME%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK#\ (where # is a random letter or number)
- Copy the location of that folder.
- Click on Start -> Run… and paste the folder location from step #4 then click OK.
- Explorer will open that folder, then delete all files present.
- Restart Outlook and you should be able to open your attachments.
Last time I did this I found over 14k files in that location. Yikes!